You are here: Home › Applicants › Nsw › Supported Housing
Salvos Housing understands the need for some tenants to have appropriate support while they seek to address their needs.
Salvos Housing has agreements with support providers where we jointly seek to assist our clients. Our support providers will work through the appropriate support plan with their client and Salvos Housing will provide the accommodation services.
Salvos Housing does not directly take applications for the Supported Accommodation.
Our Support partners will nominate their clients for accommodation with Salvos Housing, and then Salvos Housing will generally accept the nomination provided that
- The support service and Salvos Housing believe that the applicant will have a reasonable chance of sustaining a tenancy
- The support service and Salvos Housing believe that the applicant will participate in the support program offered by the support service
- The applicant is currently on the public housing waiting list (or about to lodge an application with the assistance of the support service)
- The applicant doesn’t have an outstanding debt with Salvos Housing
- Salvos Housing believes that the accommodation is suitable for the applicant (and other neighbours. )