Salvos Housing is the housing provider for The Salvation Army operating in Queensland, New South Wales and the Australian Capital Territory. We work closely with the programs and services of The Salvation Army with a goal of transforming lives and seeking to assist people to gain freedom.
The Salvation Army has a long standing role in the community as a provider of services to those in need. The provision of services to the homelessness has been a core service of The Salvation Army.
Over the years, we have sought to transform the way we service this need, away from large complexes to a community-based accommodation model, with services to assist clients to regain their independence and, in time, move into mainstream housing.
“Our vision is that of clients having pathways to unassisted housing and of affordable housing solutions that are appropriate to their needs.”
“Salvos Housing will provide in NSW, QLD and ACT, housing that meets the needs of low-income people requiring secure, affordable housing in ways which develop their resilience and includes them in community.”
Salvos Housing shares the values of The Salvation Army.
Therefore our values are:
- Transformation - We seek to make real changes in people’s lives, and that they will be able to gain their freedom.
- Integrity - We seek to always act with integrity with the hope that others will see Christ’s love through all we do.
- Compassion - We seek to value the person and to understand their true needs and goals.
We will –
- work closely with The Salvation Army homelessness and other programs to endeavour to provide appropriate accommodation for ourclients.
- seek to gain access to, control and manage properties for
- crisis housing,
- transitional/supportive housing,
- affordable housing and
- social housing
in areas of need where TSA is working and can provide appropriate levels of support.
- work with all partner organisations to bring about sustainable long term tenant benefits by ensuring that tenants are located near and are introduced to supportive communities and services.
- develop financial independence which facilitates sustainable long term company growth.
- implement innovative funding arrangements to gain access to a greater number of housing units without putting either the member, the company, or the tenants at risk.
- participate with governments in the development and implementation of policies intended to relieve homelessness and housing stress.
- grow our affordable housing stock each year.