Salvos Housing provides Social Housing to those on very low to low incomes.
Social Housing is often known as 'public housing' when provided by the government or 'community housing' when provided by a community housing organisation.
Generally to be eligible for Social Housing, applicants must
- live in the state or territory that they are seeking the housing,
- be an Austrlian citizen or permanent resident,
- have a household income less than the maximum income limits,
- not have assets or property that would allow them to resolve their housing need,
- be able to sustain a successful tenancy, with or without support, and
- (generally) be over the age of eighteen
Social Housing rents are usually calcuated based on the income of the household.